Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello everyone,

I have not been able to do much of anything this week much less stamp or play on the computer. So today, I decided I WAS going to make a card before my day started with the family.

This is for today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge 215 Triple Play and boy what a challenge this one was for me!!!

First, we were to use only three colors. I accomplished that. I used red, black, and white. Oh wait, I have blush for the Santna's faces so that is a color, but I am safe because I can claim my white as my neutral!!

Second, we were to use three elements, or focal points. I did that. I chose to go with a stamped image, a sentiment, and an emblishment. There was a bonus if you put three images on one panel. I think mine qualifies.

And last but not least, and this was a kicker for me, you could only have three layers not including the base. WOW!! was this ever difficult for me!! I so wanted to add a couple more layers to this. In fact, I am making this for my April's Christmas Card Challenge '09. I will be making 10 of these, but I think the other 9 will have just a few more layers!!

The images and sentiment are from High Hopes Stamps. I colored the images with Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits.

For now, this fits the challenge!!

What do y'all think?

1 comment: