Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Magic Christmas Box

Magic Christmas Box Closed

Magic Christmas Box Open

Hello,
This is for today's SCS Color Challenge 216 where we were to use Real Red, Basic Black, and Old Olive.
.
I know it is no where near Christmas, but when I saw today's colors, all I could think of was Christmas. I also couldn't stop thinking about making another Magic Box. So, I put the two together. I think it was meant for me to make this. Even my DH came home and said this is probably the prettiest thing I have ever made. He was amazed with it. I do love how it turned out.
.
I found the awesome DP at Micheal's and thought it would be prefect for Real Red, and it gave lots of texture to my box without having to stamp. The Old Olive under the DP was not dark enough so I daubered Old Olive around the edges to make it darker. I computer generated my sentiment and use my Nestibilities for the border around it. I layered 3 Poinsetta Primas, put them together with a vanilla brad I had dipped in Dazziling Diamonds to give them sparkle, added the leaves with glue dots, and used a glue dot to attach them to the acetate. For my bow, I used a vanilla wired ribbon so I could postion the bow the way I wanted it.
.
And viola, there you have it.
.
What do y'all think?
.
If anyone would like the measurement to make this just let me know.

6 comments:

  1. Michelle

    This is beautiful - I LOVE the colours!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just FABULOUS. I would love to have the measurements and instructions.
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW - This is just truly FABULOUS. The colors are perfect and the poinsettas are beautiful. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! What a gorgeous box! B-E-A-ootiful! You have just been STAMPED! You have such a cute blog and we see you are interested in stamps....so visit our blog to see what you have won! doodlepalace.blogspot.com Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your christmas magic box. I think it's beautiful.Would you please put the measurements and instructions with your box? I would love to try to make one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete