Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wooohooo My 2nd Post!!




Hello there,


Well I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might as well stamp.

I went to my first blog release party last night with Sweet n' Sassy. Their first challenge was to create something using the Paper Tole Technique. I love to Paper Tole. I just didn't know what I wanted to do.
So I went to see what today's Inspiration Challenge 161 was and I found this to inspire me... http://cakenouveau.com/cakesnew.html It is the one that is last one over, second one down.

This is what I came up with. I chose the colors and the theme of the cake for my card and then I Paper Toled my pirate. I stamped him 4 times, colored him with PrismaColors and Mineral Spirits, cut out the appropriate pieces, and put them together with demensionals. His Hat is popped up as well as his arm and the wheel was done twice.
I uploaded additional pics so you can see the demention. It was dark last night when I took the first pic and you can't see the paper tole.

I really like how it turned out!

What do y'all think??

2 comments:

  1. I just *love* this! He is such an adorably sweet image, and just perfect for this technique!

    Thank you so much for coming to the SNSS Release Party! Made me feel very special that you and several other CC friends of mine were there! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle since I love pirates you know I love this card. such a fun version of the IC. Great job on this gal. Shiver me timbers matey. LOL

    ReplyDelete