Thursday, March 26, 2009

Aliyah's 13th Birthday Card


Hello there,
I had planned on using a new digi stamp I had downloaded yesterday for today's challenge, but I was informed by my oldest daughter, Aliyah, that she wanted me to make a birthday card from the image I used yesterday. You see I am about to have a TEENAGER in my house!!! I know, poor me!! LOL. Aliyah will be turning 13 years old on the 1st of April. I know I know, but I promise you it was no joke for me that day!! LOL
When Aliyah saw the image I used yesterday, she imediately piped up and said 'You know mom, my birthday is coming. I sure would like I card made with that stamp and oh, I would like the colors of the card to be purple, my FAVORITE color, pink, and yellow. Could you do that for me?' I told her 'WHAT??? I have to make a card for you?? What you think because I make cards, I should make you one for your birthday?? I am already taking you and your BFF to Disney on your birthday. You mean I have to make a card too??
'She just innocently said 'yes'.
So here I am, forgoing what I wanted to do to make her her birthday card.
This is for today's Ways To use It Challenge 211 Hot Metal where we were to create a technique that uses an iron. I chose the wax resist technique for my whole card.
My image is from this awesome artist, Dustin Pike. He has been drawing these awesome and adorable images and has allowed us to download them for free to use as digital stamps. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. I daubered Cool Carribean for the sky.
What do y'all think?

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring skills are impressive! I too color with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil and I would not have it any other way. I love this dragon. I cannot wait to print him out and color him. I really like him in purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love they way you have used the dragon and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for the link to Dustin's blog.

    Anne E

    ReplyDelete